Frequently Asked Questions
1. How exactly is the age limit applied?
The competition is open to people between the ages of 18-30. This means that participants must be 18 or over, and 30 or under for the entire duration of their participation at the Summit in October 2021.
2. When will I know if I have been selected as a winner?
You can expect to hear from us by mid-August 2021.
3. What will the winners of the competition be awarded?
The prize that the three winners receive includes the following:
- Participation at the Global Maritime Forum’s Annual Summit and associated social events
- An introductory meeting the day preceding the Summit
- Coverage of accommodation
- Coverage of travel to and from destination
- A daily stipend to cover other expenses during their stay
- Publication of their essays on the Global Maritime Forum website under the “Insights” section
4. What is the Global Maritime Forum’s Annual Summit?
The Global Maritime Forum is an international not-for-profit organization committed to shaping the future of global seaborne trade to increase sustainable long-term economic development and human wellbeing. It is founded on the idea that bringing together leaders from across the global maritime industry – those who have the drive and influence to make change happen – will lead to a brighter future not only for the industry, but for society as well.
Our Annual Summit – an event by invitation only – convenes key leaders from across the global maritime industry with policymakers, experts and other influential decision-makers and opinion leaders to shape the future of the industry. Together, they discuss how the industry can work together to explore challenges and opportunities facing the industry and search for actionable ideas on how to address them.
5. On which criteria will the winners be selected?
Several criteria will be considered during the selection:
- The creativity, concreteness and relevance of the arguments and ideas presented in the essay
- The author’s level of understanding of the maritime industry and the issues it is facing
- The author’s ability to present and defend his/her arguments
- Relevance to the essay topic set for this year’s competition
- Diversity of perspective
6. Is it possible to participate in the competition as a group of two or more people?
The competition is aimed at individuals, therefore the submission needs to be an individual assignment.
7. What do I do if I have more questions?
If the question that you were looking for was not included in the FAQ, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.